a) The Rolling Stones
b) Led Zeppelin
c) Grand Funk Railroad
2) One of the following groups bleached their hair blonde so that they could
do a chewing gum commercial:
A) The Police
B) The Allman Brothers
C) The B 52’s
D) The Talking Heads
3) Most radio stations will tell you that this song gets a lot of requests, but it
has never been released as a single
A) “Like A Rolling Stone”
B) “Light My Fire”
C) Stairway to Heaven”
D) “In a Gadda Da-Vida”
4) In the middle of the night in April of 1973 who climbed over the fence at
Graceland in an attempt to meet Elvis Presley but was caught.
A) Keith Moon
B) Bruce Springsteen
C) Joey Ramone
D) Alice Cooper
5) All the rights to Buddy Holly’s music was bought one of the following:
A) Paul McCartney
B) Elton John
C) John Lennon
D) Bob Dylan
6) Which one of the following was the lead singer for his band:
A) Tom Scholz
B) Mick Ronson
C) Steve Howe
D) Brad Delp
7) What city is scene of the fire in Deep Purple’s “Smoke on the Water”?
8) David Robinson did not perform for which of the following groups?
A) The Modern Lovers
B) The Talking Heads
C) The Beaver Brown Band
9) One of the following did not play guitar for Fleetwood Mac?
A) Peter Green
B) Jeremy Spencer
C) John McVie
D) Lindsey Buckingham
10) In the movie “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band one of the
following did not make an appearance.
A) Peter Frampton
B) Steven Tyler
C) Ringo Starr
D) Tina Turner
True or False
1) In his LP SCHOOL IS OUT Alice Cooper included a copy of his report
2) The name of the backup band for John Lennon in his early solo
recordings was called Elephant’s Memory.
3) Lou Reed and Patti Smith teamed up to write “Walk on the Wild
4) Neil Young was in a band called The Mynah Birds with Rick James
before he joined The Buffalo Springfield.
5) John Mellor is Meatloaf’s real first name.
6) The Kinks, The Ramones, Heart and BTO all had siblings perform in
7) All of the followings cover songs were bigger hits that the original
recordings: “Woodstock” by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, ‘Blinded by
the Light” by Manfred Mann, “Mama Told Me not to Come” by Three
Dog Night and “Summertime Blues” by The Who.
8) The song that George Harrison was sued for because it was claimed
that he plagiarized it was “Be My Baby”.
9) Gary Wright, Elvis Costello, Ron Wood, Joe Strummer and Peter
Frampton are all English?
10) Ric Lee and Alvin Lee are not brothers. They are cousins.
Match the artist to the group:
Robert Palmer Steampacket
Marc Bolen The Rolling Stones
Rod Stewart Steely Dan
Robin Trower Attila
Ian Stewart Power Station
Elliot Randal T Rex
Billy Joel Procol Harum